Chef Snapshot: Mark Best, Sydney
Mark Best of Marque Restaurant in Sydney is a leader in new Australian cuisine. He has a massive talent for turning out hyper creative eats and heaps of impressive awards to prove it – not to mention one of the country’s best restaurants. We reached out to Chef Best to steal a taste of what he’s like away from the whites. Or, at least discover what he eats at 3am. Here’s his chef snapshot:
(1) I’ll eat anything but: Stinky Tofu
(2) The best city for eating is: And the winner is Sydney!!
(3) Because you can never have too much: Bacon
(4) My favourite farmers market: Anywhere in the south of France.
(5) My last meal would be: Toasted crumpets, lashings of butter and vegemite. Its an Australian thing.
(6) Most exciting chef right now: Mmmmm, I’m trying to think of someone really obscure who won’t steal my limelight!
(7) If I weren’t in food, I’d be: Fat, 47 and depressed.
(8) Street food is unbeatable in: View of the wash up area.
(9) At 3am, you’ll find me noshing on: My own tongue.
(10) My current food obsession is: Black.
[First photo by Brett Costello]